Many countries impose specific regulatory compliance requirements on transborder data flows of regulated information. This often includes sensitive military and scientific data. In this video, learn how the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, or ITAR, Export Administration Regulation, or EAR, and Office of Foreign Assets Control, or OFAC, govern the export of sensitive information from the United States.
- [Instructor] Many countries have requirements…about the types of information…that may cross international borders.…I discussed some of these…in the privacy compliance video earlier in this course,…but there are also reasons that governments want…to restrict the flow of information…other than protecting private information.…In the United States,…the government uses a category…of regulations known as export controls…to restrict the flow of goods and information…considered sensitive for military and scientific purposes.…These rules come in many different forms…but let's take a look at three of the most common forms…of export controls in the United States.…
The International Traffic in Arms Regulations, or ITAR,…applies to anything…that the government considers a defense article.…This includes many of the things you'd expect…to be classified as munitions, firearms, tanks, submarines,…and even nuclear weapons are considered munitions…under the ITAR regulations.…But ITAR also includes the technical data associated…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.