In this video, Marc Menninger describes how to implement remediation and mitigation after the security assessment report is delivered. Learn the four steps of the remediation process and how to create a remediation report.
- In many cases when assessors deliver their final report…to your organization their work is done.…However, sometimes assessors are also involved…in remediating the vulnerabilities they found.…This makes sense because they are the most familiar with,…not only the problems that exist,…but how to fix them.…If assessors will be helping with…or leading remediation efforts,…details of the support they'll provide…should be captured in the assessment plan.…The plan should also identify who from the organization…will be assisting with the remediation efforts…since assessors may not have the needed access or authority…to implement changes on their own.…
Finally, the assessment plan should outline…which action steps the remediation team should follow.…Typically the remediation process will include four steps:…test, coordinate, implement and validate, and report.…Technical system changes…can sometimes cause serious problems with the systems,…such as instability or outages.…That's why, before implementing any remediation changes…
- Cite the three phases of external security assessments.
- Explain the reasons for conducting a log review.
- Explain what network sniffing is and why it’s used.
- Describe when to use a file integrity checking tool.
- Differentiate between active network discovery and passive network discovery.
- Explain how to scan for vulnerabilities.
- Relate the three techniques useful for validating target vulnerabilities.
- Explain the four-stage methodology of conducting penetration tests.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of Technical Security Assessments
2. Technical Security Assessment Reviews
3. Identify and Analyze Targets
4. Validate Target Vulnerabilities
5. Planning Technical Security Assessments
6. Executing the Technical Security Assessment
7. Post-Testing Activities
Report the results2m 16s
Next steps1m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.