Learn how to implement the right security technologies.
- [Instructor] Security tools and concepts.…When it comes to monitoring security in the cloud,…it's important to understand…that there is different security tools…that can vary based on the use case.…Many tools could be for virtual machines,…for monitoring, management, and access.…Security tools generally come in four different forms.…We have the guest tools for the virtual machines,…monitoring, management, and access management.…
Guest tools should be installed on the virtual machine.…Guest tools are provided by the hypervisor vendor.…And guest tools are used to manage virtual servers.…VMware has its own set of guest tools as well.…VMware tools is compromised of the following components.…VMware device drivers.…This is generally going to be the device drivers…for the mouse, the keyboard, et cetera.…We have VMware user processes.…
This is going to be more around…tasking and user capabilities.…And then VMware services, vmtoolsd.exe is for Windows…and vmtoolsd is for Linux.…Monitoring tools allow you to view…your resources in a single pane,…
This course can prepare you for the qualifying exam by covering the topics outlined in domain 2.0 of the CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) certification exam: Security. Instructor Joseph Holbrook reviews concepts that can help both experienced IT professionals prepping for exam CV0-002, and current certification holders who need to renew their certification. Joseph reviews security and compliance best practices; security template and access control lists; how to implement the right security technologies; and security automation techniques. He also goes over how to troubleshoot security and connectivity issues.
- Identifying cloud encryption technology
- Tunneling protocols
- Access control lists
- Implementing defined security technologies
- Segmentation and micro-segmentation
- Compliance requirements
- Security automation techniques
- Identifying common networking issues
- Types of cloud attacks