Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Identity security issues, part of CySA+ Cert Prep: 5 Identity and Access Management.
- [Instructor] As a cyber security analyst,…you'll need to understand the security issues associated…with a wide variety of identity concepts.…In this course, we discuss many of those issues.…Let's take a moment to consider them…and the categories used by CySA+ exam…before we dive into the details.…Identities deal with people…and therefore, many of the security issues…that we experience with identity and access management…are also tied to personnel.…We need to make sure that users receive appropriate training…and awareness programs…to ensure that they understand identity security concepts,…including the safeguards that they must follow…to protect their own identity.…
We also need to combat social engineering campaigns…that use tactics like phishing…to attempt to compromise user identities…and we need to understand the insider threat.…Many security issues…that arise in our organization will come from within.…Finally, we need a strong way to tie users to roles,…either as individuals or in groups.…We also need to understand…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Provisioning and deprovisioning
- Identity security issues
- Using biometric measures as identification mechanisms
- Multifactor authentication
- Password authentication protocols
- How LDAP and Kerberos work together
- Identity as a Service (IDaaS)
- Mandatory and discretionary access controls
- Defending against password attacks
- Social engineering attacks
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Intermediate
1. Identity and Access Management
5. Access Control Exploits
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.