Learn how to determine cloud federation issues.
- [Instructor] Federation.…When it comes to integrating your corporate resources…with the cloud resources,…there is an approach called federation.…Let's discuss this.…When it comes to Federation Identity Management,…this is generally an approach…that is used among multiple enterprises…that lets subscribers use the same identification data…to obtain access to the networks…of all the enterprises in that group.…
Federation, on the other hand,…essentially allows your corporate infrastructure…to connect to the cloud services.…This also entails some approach to both SSO…and the integration of orchestration.…This is generally the approach that you would see…in a hybrid cloud.…Some ways to accomplish a federated identity…is through these, so SAML, SSO, a hybrid cloud.…Also, too, the providers such as AWS…and GCP have IAM services…which have some or most of the components…that you would need to accomplish this.…
With single sign-on, this is essentially a session…and user authentication service that permits a user…to use one set of login credentials…
This course can prepare you for the qualifying exam by covering the topics outlined in domain 2.0 of the CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) certification exam: Security. Instructor Joseph Holbrook reviews concepts that can help both experienced IT professionals prepping for exam CV0-002, and current certification holders who need to renew their certification. Joseph reviews security and compliance best practices; security template and access control lists; how to implement the right security technologies; and security automation techniques. He also goes over how to troubleshoot security and connectivity issues.
- Identifying cloud encryption technology
- Tunneling protocols
- Access control lists
- Implementing defined security technologies
- Segmentation and micro-segmentation
- Compliance requirements
- Security automation techniques
- Identifying common networking issues
- Types of cloud attacks