Many different types of threats confront an organization. Security professionals use threat modeling techniques to identify and prioritize those threats and assist in the implementation of security controls. In this video, learn about threat modeling as well as the roles played by adversaries, contractors, employees, and trusted partners.
- [Narrator] Organizations face many different…kinds of threats and it's often difficult…to keep track of them all and identify…those that pose the greatest risk.…Security professionals use threat modeling techniques…to identify and prioritize threats and assist…in the implementation of security controls.…When identifying potential threats to an organization,…security professionals should use a structured approach.…Don't just sit down and start thinking of all…the things that could go wrong.…It's too easy to leave things out with that type of…haphazard approach to threat identification.…
Instead, conduct a structured walk-through…of the potential threats to information and systems.…Let's look at 3 ways that an organization…can use a structured approach to threat identification.…First, an organization can use an asset-focused approach.…In this approach, analysts use the organization's…asset inventory as the basis for their analysis…and walk through, asset by asset identifying…the potential threats to each asset.…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.