Many different types of threats face an organization. Security professionals use threat modeling techniques to identify and prioritize those threats and assist in the implementation of security controls. In this video, learn about threat modeling as well as the roles played by adversaries, contractors, employees, and trusted partners.
- [Instructor] Organizations face many different…kinds of threats and it's often difficult…to keep track of them all,…and identify those that pose the greatest risk.…Security professionals use threat modeling techniques…to identify and prioritize threats.…And assist in the implementation of security controls.…When identifying potential threats…to an organization,…security professionals should use a structured approach.…Don't just sit down and start thinking…of all the things that could go wrong.…It's too easy to leave things out with that type…of haphazard approach to threat identification.…
Instead, conduct a structured walk through…of the potential threats to information and systems.…Let's look at three ways…that an organization can use a structured approach…to threat identification.…First, an organization can use an asset focused approach.…In this approach, annalists use the organization's…asset inventory as the basis for their analysis.…And walk through asset by asset, identifying…the potential threats to each asset.…
- Risk management actions
- Ongoing risk management
- Risk management frameworks
- Scanning for threats and vulnerabilities
- Advanced vulnerability scanning
- Monitoring log files
- Code review and code tests
- Test coverage analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/18/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover identifying threats, understanding attacks, technology and process remediation, remediating vulnerabilities, and security monitoring. In addition, the following topics were updated: risk management and monitoring log files.
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Risk Management
2. Threat Modeling
3. Threat Assessment
4. Remediating Vulnerabilites
5. Security Monitoring
6. Software Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.