Learn how to identify common network issues.
- [Instructor] Network services and protocols.…Let's discuss some important services and protocols…you'll want to know for the Cloud Plus exam.…NAT and PAT.…NAT and PAT are widely used in the Cloud,…as well as VLAN tagging and port mapping,…these are also needed to know…for the Cloud Plus exam.…Let's discuss these in detail.…When it comes to NAT and PAT,…let's make sure that you're aware of what NAT is.…
NAT is essentially network address translation.…It uses a pool of public addresses…that are mapped one to one…to the private addresses.…Therefore keeping a port number intact.…When it comes to taking the Cloud Plus exam,…you're going to want to make sure…you can distinguish between NAT and PAT.…An easy way to remember NAT,…is that NAT translates addresses.…
Now let's compare PAT to NAT.…With PAT, essentially this is port address translation.…This uses a single outside public address,…and maps multiple inside addresses…to using different port numbers.…So remember how the ports and addresses are correlated.…For the exam, remember that PAT translates ports.…
This course can prepare you for the qualifying exam by covering the topics outlined in domain 2.0 of the CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) certification exam: Security. Instructor Joseph Holbrook reviews concepts that can help both experienced IT professionals prepping for exam CV0-002, and current certification holders who need to renew their certification. Joseph reviews security and compliance best practices; security template and access control lists; how to implement the right security technologies; and security automation techniques. He also goes over how to troubleshoot security and connectivity issues.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Identifying cloud encryption technology
- Tunneling protocols
- Access control lists
- Implementing defined security technologies
- Segmentation and micro-segmentation
- Compliance requirements
- Security automation techniques
- Identifying common networking issues
- Types of cloud attacks