Learn how to identify cloud encryption technologies, such as AES, IPsec, TLS, SSL, and PKI.
- [Presenter] Encryption Technologies.…Let's proceed and talk about encryption technologies.…Encryption refers to any process…used to make sensitive data…more secure and less likely to be intercepted…by those unauthorized to view it.…When we talk about data encryption standards,…it's important to understand that there's numerous…standards out there.…For this specific exam,…we want to make sure that you're aware…of the Federal Information Processing Standards.…
This is known as FIPS.…The publication is FIPS PUB 140-2.…This is required by the U.S. Government…and its affiliated agencies.…This is also, though, widely used by industry.…With data encryption standards,…generally you want to know the two most common standards,…especially for the Cloud+ exam.…Be aware of AES standard,…as well as the DES standard,…which is the Data Encryption Standard.…
With encryption technologies, there's many different ways…to send information over the internet…or over your network, in a secure manner:…IPsec, SSL, TLS,…ciphers, tunneling protocols,…
This course can prepare you for the qualifying exam by covering the topics outlined in domain 2.0 of the CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) certification exam: Security. Instructor Joseph Holbrook reviews concepts that can help both experienced IT professionals prepping for exam CV0-002, and current certification holders who need to renew their certification. Joseph reviews security and compliance best practices; security template and access control lists; how to implement the right security technologies; and security automation techniques. He also goes over how to troubleshoot security and connectivity issues.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Identifying cloud encryption technology
- Tunneling protocols
- Access control lists
- Implementing defined security technologies
- Segmentation and micro-segmentation
- Compliance requirements
- Security automation techniques
- Identifying common networking issues
- Types of cloud attacks