As security professionals, one of the most important things that we do is ensure that only authorized individuals gain access to information, systems, and networks under our protection. The three major steps of the access management process are identification, authentication, and authorization. In this video, learn how security professionals apply these three principles.
- [Narrator] As security professionals,…one of the most important things that we do is ensure…that only authorized individuals gain access…to the information, systems and networks…under our protection.…The access control process consists of three steps…that all candidates must understand.…These steps are identification,…authentication, and authorization.…During the first step of the process,…identification, an individual makes a claim…about his or her identity.…
The person trying to gain access doesn't present…any proof at this point, they simply make an assertion.…It's important to remember that the identification step is…only a claim and the user could…certainly be making a false claim.…Imagine a physical world scenario…where you want to enter a secure office building…where you have an appointment.…During the identification step of the process,…you might walk up to the security desk and say,…"Hi, I'm Mike Chavel".…Proof comes into play during the second step…of the process, authentication.…
During the authentication step,…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Provisioning and deprovisioning
- Identity security issues
- Using biometric measures as identification mechanisms
- Multifactor authentication
- Password authentication protocols
- How LDAP and Kerberos work together
- Identity as a Service (IDaaS)
- Mandatory and discretionary access controls
- Defending against password attacks
- Social engineering attacks
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Appropriate for all
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Identity and Access Management
5. Access Control Exploits
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.