First, Fancy provides guidance on how to use the right types of questions to gather information about an issue. Then, she explains how to professionally handle common customer service tasks, like escalating and transferring calls. Then, she shows how to hone interactions with customers by refining communications—acknowledging how tone and word choice can diffuse tension. She wraps up by covering common customer behavior scenarios in which the tools, techniques, and strategies from the course can be applied.
- Greeting and validating contacts
- Asking investigative and diagnostic questions
- Confirming and validating responses
- Reaching resolution and closure
- Using mute or hold on a call
- Escalating or transferring a call
- Building rapport over the phone, in writing, and face-to-face
- Refining word choice, style, and tone
- Managing conflict effectively
- Recovering unsatisfied customers
- Redirecting customers
- Identifying customer behavior
Skill Level Beginner
- We've all been on the receiving end of poor technical support. Maybe we were left on hold indefinitely. Sent to the wrong service desk or the technician seemed bored. But it doesn't have to be this way. Good customer service is something that can be provided through consistent procedures, proper training and a focus on quality customer service. Hi, my name is Fancy Mills and welcome to my course. This course is designed to help you grow and develop the customer service skills that are required in today's age to be successful.
The techniques and tools and strategies that we'll cover, have been acquired throughout my career working in technical support. I've been fortunate enough to work in many successful service desks across the world. And some well, let's just say that aren't so successful. I've learned over 20 years that there's a lot to take away from both types of service desks. The good and the bad. Building rapport and connecting with customers is a main component of providing excellent customer service.
The goal of this course is to provide techniques, tools and strategies that will help us connect and build rapport with our customers, and foster consistent teamwork and increase customer satisfaction. So let's get started on creating positive customer interactions.