- The world is shifting towards cloud computing…and it's clear that the cloud is the future…of information technology.…The great thing is is there's no reason…that the cloud can't be secure.…And in fact, in many ways, we can find cloud services…where security controls actually far exceed…what we're currently doing in on-premise situations,…or even what we're capable of doing.…Take physical security as an example.…Many, many organizations run their own data centers today,…and if you look at how those run and if you look…at the physical security controls around them,…they're typically protected with card readers,…maybe some biometric access controls,…maybe a few security cameras.…
Compare that type of situation to the data centers…that are run by major cloud providers.…If you look at what Amazon and Google and Microsoft…are doing, they run their data centers like fortresses,…with 24/7 security guards and roving patrols…and cameras and barbed wire and…the types of controls that we could never even…possibly dream of, because on the scale…
- How does one break into the cybersecurity field?
- What are the various career tracks?
- How do organizations prevent a security breach?
- What are the compliance issues?
- Who is responsible for security in the cloud?
- How does IT security impact other business divisions?
These are the kinds of insights that can help you explore a new career, focus on a course of study, or even prepare for an interview.
- Recognize the priority levels of the different types of cybersecurity risks.
- Recall three common responsibilities for cybersecurity professionals.
- Identify strategies for minimizing the impact of a security incident.
- Name three cornerstones of the information security profession.
- Explain the primary objective of cybersecurity professionals.
- Determine when it is appropriate to utilize encryption to protect information.