- I think one of the challenges for new cyber security…professionals is as you're getting into this field…you start to realize all of the possible things…that can go wrong.…There are just so many threats out there,…and there are so many different ways…that security can be jeopardized…that you really start to get this paranoid attitude…that everybody's out to get you,…and if you don't do everything exactly right…the world is going to end,…and eventually you develop a little wisdom…and maturity that comes with time,…and you realize that you can't live your life that way,…and you really have to introduce reasonableness to it,…and just like you would in your business,…it's all about risk,…and it's about risk assessment and risk management,…and when you think about analyzing a risk…you have to look at two different things,…you look at the probability of that risk occurring…and the impact if the risk actually does occur,…and if either one of those things is relatively low…it's not that critical that you address that risk.…
- How does one break into the cybersecurity field?
- What are the various career tracks?
- How do organizations prevent a security breach?
- What are the compliance issues?
- Who is responsible for security in the cloud?
- How does IT security impact other business divisions?
These are the kinds of insights that can help you explore a new career, focus on a course of study, or even prepare for an interview.
- Recognize the priority levels of the different types of cybersecurity risks.
- Recall three common responsibilities for cybersecurity professionals.
- Identify strategies for minimizing the impact of a security incident.
- Name three cornerstones of the information security profession.
- Explain the primary objective of cybersecurity professionals.
- Determine when it is appropriate to utilize encryption to protect information.