DISCLAIMER: Neither LinkedIn nor the instructor represents you, and they are not giving legal advice. The information conveyed through this course is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate information to help viewers understand the basics of the topic presented. Certain concepts may not apply in all countries. The views (and legal interpretations) presented in this course do not necessarily represent the views of LinkedIn or Lynda.com.
- Define the objectives of GDPR relating to the personal privacy of citizens.
- Determine the responsibilities of data protection officers under GDPR.
- Identify the rights of citizens in the event of a data breach.
- Review the steps that must be taken in the event of a data breach.
- Describe the notification process in the event of a data breach.
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Mandy Huth] GDPR is the most comprehensive privacy regulation enacted to date. Any business that has European connections is likely impacted. Hi, I'm Mandy Huth, and I've helped organizations with over two billion dollars in revenue prepare for GDPR. In this course, I'll show you the basics of the GDPR regulation. I'll begin by discussing what it entails and who it impacts. Then, I'll show you who is responsible for protecting, monitoring and reporting data in various situations.
Finally, I'll discuss the rights of the data subject and how organizations must notify those subjects in case of a data breach. So, if you're ready, let's get started!
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 33m Intermediate
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. GDPR Basics
2. GDPR Responsiblities
Data protection officer2m 58s
3. Technical Components
5. Data Subject Rights
6. Breach Notification
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.