DISCLAIMER: Neither LinkedIn nor the instructor represents you, and they are not giving legal advice. The information conveyed through this course is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate information to help viewers understand the basics of the topic presented. Certain concepts may not apply in all countries. The views (and legal interpretations) presented in this course do not necessarily represent the views of LinkedIn or Lynda.com.
- Compliance deadlines and penalties
- Data controllers and data processors under GDPR
- Exploring the role of the data protection office
- Technical measures outlined in the GDPR
- Reviewing the right to be forgotten and the situations that allow erasure
- Rules for children under the age of 16
- Breach notification
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Mandy Huth] GDPR is the most comprehensive privacy regulation enacted to date. Any business that has European connections is likely impacted. Hi, I'm Mandy Huth, and I've helped organizations with over two billion dollars in revenue prepare for GDPR. In this course, I'll show you the basics of the GDPR regulation. I'll begin by discussing what it entails and who it impacts. Then, I'll show you who is responsible for protecting, monitoring and reporting data in various situations.
Finally, I'll discuss the rights of the data subject and how organizations must notify those subjects in case of a data breach. So, if you're ready, let's get started!