Find out how flexible OpenStack is.
- [Narrator] Alright, let's talk about…OpenStack's flexibilities.…Since OpenStack is open source, as is CloudStack,…there's unlimited flexibility.…I mean, you can take the code and build it…any way you want to build it,…either using the community, in other words…driving everybody toward the same direction,…or you can take an instance of the code and modify it…to whatever your needs are.…However, keep in mind that a third-party support…may be limited, and so,…you need to make sure that you're getting support…from somebody, typically,…unless your operatings is in development organization,…and that may complicate things.…
So, you're typically going to get your support…through the distribution provider,…so whoever is going to provide their version…or their instance of OpenStack,…and they're going to provide support on top of that.…So, they need to be sensitive to your needs,…and they need to be responsive…to what you need done with the system.…And OpenStack is incredibly hard to install, so,…and configure, so you're going to find you're going to need…
- Private cloud benefits
- Considering the costs
- Determining compatibility
- Assessing security and governance
- Reviewing OpenStack
- Reviewing Microsoft Private Cloud
- Reviewing VMware vCloud Suite
- Reviewing Apache CloudStack
Skill Level Beginner
1. Private Cloud Basics
2. Private Cloud Platforms
4. Microsoft Private Cloud
5. VMware vCloud Suite Private Cloud
6. Apache CloudStack Private Cloud
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.