Learn how to perform a basic exploratory analysis in Tableau.
- [Instructor] I think of Tableau…in a similar vein as Photoshop.…They're two totally different programs…that do two totally different things,…but what I mean is that Photoshop is a critical tool…for certain aspects of design and photography.…Tableau is like that for data analysis.…It's a go-to kind of tool.…There's a lot it won't do, and that's why we have included…the other tools in this course.…But for what it does do, it does a pretty awesome job at it.…I already have Tableau open and ready to go here…and we're going to connect to our data…so I'm going to click on Text File to connect.…
I am then going to navigate to our Exercise Files…and I'm going to click on exploratory-tableau.csv.…Click on Open, that takes a second, and it's going to bring…our data into the Tableau environment.…Now that we have our data in,…we can take a quick look at what we have.…We can see that we have Keywords, we have number of Clicks,…we have Click-through Rate, Conversion Rate,…Cost Per Action, and the number of Impressions…for each of those keywords.…
In this course, discover how to gain valuable insights from large data sets using specific languages and tools. Follow Chris DallaVilla as he walks through how to use R, Python, and Tableau to perform data modeling and assess performance. As Chris dives into these concepts, he shares specific case studies that come directly from his own work with clients. Plus, he shares three essential—and practical—best practices for data-driven marketing that you can use to bolster your organization's marketing performance.
- Installing R, Python, and Tableau
- Navigating the UI for R, Python, and Tableau
- Using R, Python, and Tableau
- Exploratory analysis
- Performing regression analysis
- Performing a cluster analysis
- Performing a conjoint assessment
- Stakeholder alignment
Skill Level Intermediate
Online Marketing Foundations: Digital Marketing Researchwith Adriaan Brits1h 5m Appropriate for all
Learning Data Science: Manage Your Teamwith Doug Rose1h 14m Appropriate for all
Learning Data Science: Ask Great Questionswith Doug Rose1h 14m Appropriate for all
Learning Data Science: Tell Stories With Datawith Doug Rose1h 17m Appropriate for all
1. Software Installation
2. Data, Exploratory Analysis, and Performance Analysis
3. Inference and Regression Analysis
5. Cluster Analysis
6. Conjoint Analysis
7. Best Practices
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.