Once administrator access has been reached, it's time to start executing applications. In this video, security reasearcher Lisa Bock shows how black-hat hackers may use access to a system to create havoc. Explore system vulnerabilities to better understand the attack vectors of malicious parties, and protect your systems.
- [Voiceover] Once in the system,…the ethical hacker will escalate privileges…in order to install and execute applications.…Keep in mind, it's important not to set off…any alarms at this point.…If the hacker remains unnoticed,…they can continue to achieve the goal of the exercise.…They might want to install a rootkit…for accessing the system later.…They might want to install a keystroke logger…in order to gather information.…They might install ransomware…in order to obtain cache.…Or quietly install a botnet.…
Botnet can be rented out to the darknet…and your system could be part of a criminal network.…Now understand this, once a system has been compromised,…it's no longer in the administrator's hands.…They may feel they're in control,…but ultimately the company may suffer loss,…system degradation, and possible be involved…in a criminal act without their knowledge.…If part of botnet, the bot server could signal…a launch at any time, and that would send…multiple requests to another system…and possibly take down that system.…
These tutorials, along with the other courses featured in the Ethical Hacking series, will prepare students to pass the Certified Ethical Hacker exam and start a career in this in-demand field. Find out more about the exam at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Acquiring passwords
- Generating rainbow tables
- Understanding where passwords are stored
- Defending against privilege escalation
- Understanding spyware
- Protecting against keylogging
- Detecting steganography
- How hackers cover their tracks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. System Hacking Overview
2. Gaining Access
3. Privilege Escalation
6. Hiding in Plain Sight
7. Cover Your Tracks
How to cover your tracks2m 34s
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.