Experience an example of cloud storage.
- [Instructor] So, let's look at another…cloud storage example.…First, what's important.…In this use case, we can use many types of storage systems…to apply to the same sort of problem.…Now, keep this in mind, that in many instances,…people will leverage the wrong storage system,…and even though it works, it's not optimal…for the use case that you've picked…or the technology is not optimal…for the use case that you're leveraging.…So, we're focused on cost, efficiency…since it will be a common operational procedure,…and you gotta remember that if we leverage…the wrong storage system…for the use case that we're leveraging,…we could pay thousands more dollars a month in storage cost…because of the inefficiencies that are built in…with the misalignment of the use case…that you're leveraging.…
Performance is typically not a consideration,…but it should be.…Ultimately, we need to look at how information…is pushed onto the storage system…and pulled off the storage system,…how many I/O requests have to occur when we do that.…
- Block storage, object storage, and file storage
- Planning cloud storage
- Allocating storage instances on AWS
- Securing storage instances
- Usage-based accounting
- Defining costs, projected growth, and implementation plans
- Cloud storage use cases
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
Google Cloud Storage and Data Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery2h 54m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
1. Cloud Storage Basics
2. AWS Cloud Storage
3. Cloud Storage Planning
4. Cloud Storage Use Cases
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.