Experience an example of cloud storage.
- [Instructor] So in the next two videos,…we're gonna look at a couple of examples…of how to leverage cloud computing storage.…So what's important here is that big data…and storage systems are common use cases.…In other words, if we're gonna leverage a database…that is gonna go out and manage petabytes of information,…that's typically going to be a cloud base storage use case…because number one, it's cheap to deploy,…we can actually pay per drink…for the cloud storage we're able to use,…and also, it's able to leverage free-forming systems,…which is object-based storage,…which allow for the storage of structured…and unstructured information, which is a characteristics…of big data systems.…
Keep in mind that they leverage object storage…about 99% of the time, and so while you do…have some big data systems that leverage block storage…and sometimes file storage, this is really…about object storage pretty much most of the time.…This is about picking the right storage solution…for the use case, and so ultimately,…this is about looking at some things,…
- Block storage, object storage, and file storage
- Planning cloud storage
- Allocating storage instances on AWS
- Securing storage instances
- Usage-based accounting
- Defining costs, projected growth, and implementation plans
- Cloud storage use cases
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
Google Cloud Storage and Data Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery2h 54m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
1. Cloud Storage Basics
2. AWS Cloud Storage
3. Cloud Storage Planning
4. Cloud Storage Use Cases
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.