As soon as incident responders have handled an immediate emergency, they should move into the escalation and notification process. In this video, learn about proper incident escalation and notification procedures.
- [Instructor] When security professionals detect…a potential incident,…they should immediately swing into first responder mode,…acting to isolate affected systems…and contain the damage caused by the incident.…As soon as they've handled the immediate emergency,…they should move into the incident escalation…and notification process.…The escalation and notification process…has several important objectives.…First, it evaluates the severity of the incident…based upon the incident's potential impact…on the organization's security.…
Second, it escalates the incident to an appropriate level…of incident response.…Finally, it notifies management and other stakeholders…of the incident and plans to resolve it.…After containing an incident,…responders should begin a triaging process…that identifies the potential impact of the incident.…The process for rating incident severity should be found…in the organization's incident response procedures.…One common scheme uses a three-tiered scale…of low-impact, moderate-impact, and high-impact incidents.…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Investigations and Forensics
2. Logging and Monitoring
Data loss prevention6m 34s
3. Resource Security
4. Security Principles
5. Incident Management
6. Personnel Safety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.