As soon as incident responders have handled an immediate emergency, they should move into the escalation and notification process. In this video, learn about proper incident escalation and notification procedures.
- [Narrator] When security professionals…detect a potential incident, they should immediately…swing into first responder mode,…acting to isolate affected systems…and contain the damage caused by the incident.…As soon as they've handled the immediate emergency,…they should move into the incident escalation…and notification process.…The escalation and notification process…has several important objectives.…First, it evaluates the severity of the incident…based upon the incident's potential impact…on the organization's security.…
Second, it escalates the incident…to an appropriate level of incident response.…Finally, it notifies management and other stakeholders…of the incident and plans to resolve it.…After containing an incident, responders should begin…a triaging process that identifies…the potential impact of the incident.…The process for rating incident severity…should be found in the organization's…incident response procedures.…One common scheme uses a three-tiered scale…of low-impact, moderate-impact, and high-impact incidents.…
- Building an incident response program
- Escalation and notification
- eDiscovery process
- Conducting investigations
- System and file forensics
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Business continuity planning
- Validating backups
- Testing BC/DR plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 06/01/2018. What changed?
A: We updated three videos, covering creating an incident response program, communications plan, and response team.
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Incident Management
2. Investigations and Forensics
3. Business Continuity
4. Disaster Recovery
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.