Every employee eventually leaves an organization for one reason or another. In this video, learn how security professionals should ensure that termination processes include a reminder of the employee’s responsibility under their non-disclosure agreement (NDA), proper revocation of access, and retrieval of company property.
- [Narrator] Every employee eventually leaves…an organization for one reason or another.…In the happiest case, they're retiring…after years of successful employment.…In other cases, they're voluntarily leaving…because they found a more attractive position elsewhere.…Sometimes, however, the termination…is on less positive grounds,…and the employee is being forced out of the organization…through layoffs or firing.…No matter the reason, it's very important…that security teams play a role…in the employee termination process.…
Organizations should do everything they can…to make an employee's separation as pleasant as possible…given the circumstances.…One way to do this is through an exit interview,…usually conducted by a senior manager…or a member of the human resources department.…Exit interviewers are used to gather information…about the employee's experience at the company…and wish them well in their future endeavors.…Exit interviewers are also a useful time…to gently remind the employee…about his or her responsibilities…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.