Every employee eventually leaves an organization for one reason or another. In this video, learn how security professionals should ensure that termination processes include a reminder of the employee’s responsibility under their NDA, proper revocation of access, and retrieval of company property.
- [Instructor] Every employee eventually…leaves an organization for one reason or another.…In the happiest case, they're retiring…after years of successful employment.…In other cases, they're voluntarily leaving…because they found a more attractive position elsewhere.…Sometimes, however, the termination…is on less positive grounds, and the employee…is being forced out of the organization…through layoffs or firing.…No matter the reason, it's very important…that security teams play a role…in the employee termination process.…
Organizations should do everything they can…to make an employee's separation…as pleasant possible given the circumstances.…One way to do this is through an exit interview…usually conducted by a senior manager…or a member of the human resources department.…Exit interviews are used to gather information…about the employee's experience at the company…and wish them well in their future endeavors.…Exit interviews are also a useful time…to gently remind the employee about…his or her responsibilities…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.