During the course of employment, organizations gather all kinds of sensitive information about employees. In this video, learn how organizations should use minimization, access limitations, encryption, and masking to protect the privacy of the sensitive personal information that they collect and store about their employees.
- [Instructor] During the course of employment,…organizations gather all kinds…of sensitive information about their employees.…Much of this information employees would normally prefer…to be kept private.…This includes the results…of preemployment background checks,…credit checks, and other screenings,…social security numbers collected for tax purposes,…salary and other payroll information, health information,…and information about other types of employee benefits,…and a large number of other pieces of sensitive information…that the organization collects.…
Employers have both a legal and ethical responsibility…to protect employee information from prying eyes…and ensure that it is not lost or stolen.…Employees trust their employers to preserve their privacy…and there are many ways…that the organization can meet this responsibility.…First is the principle of minimization.…Organizations should collect only the information…that they need in the legitimate course of employment…and they should store that information…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.