Explore the importance of cross-training and succession planning within a business.
- [Instructor] The managers in an organization…are responsible for the continued development…of their work force.…In addition to providing employees with access…to training and professional development opportunities,…there are two specific employee development practices…that can help enhance security in the organization as well.…Cross-training is a practice that provides employees…within a particular team with training…on each others' job functions.…For example, the firewall administrator…on a cybersecurity team might be cross-trained…to understand the functions of an identity…in access management technician.…
Cross-training offers…professional development opportunities,…but it also provides opportunities for one employee…to scrutinize the work of another employee…in a manner that might detect fraud.…The use of cross-training can serve…a similar purpose as job rotation…or mandatory vacations, which we discussed earlier.…Another strong employee development practice…is conducting regular succession planning exercises.…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.