This video contains a discussion about the importance of collaborating with the emergency response team.
- [Instructor] As a cybersecurity professional,…you'll often have to work with the emergency response team.…This team is focused on handling any type of emergencies…or issues that may happen inside the organization.…For example, if your organization suffers a data breach,…the emergency response team may become involved.…And if your data center loses power and cooling,…the emergency response team can help with that too.…The emergency response team is made up of personnel…with diverse skill sets.…Some of them are technical…while others may be focused on physical protections,…facilities or other areas of the business.…
For the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Exam,…the emergency response team tends to be focused…on computer incidents and will respond to them…using predefined incident response procedures.…Because of this, at least one person on the team…should have experience with digital forensics collection…and some analysis techniques.…Because the emergency response team…is focused on incident response,…
Looking for study partners?Join the CASP+ Exam study group
To effectively fight off malware and cyberattacks on an enterprise network, IT security professionals must understand how to collaborate with colleagues across their organization and research new and emerging threats. In this installment of the CASP+ Cert Prep series, instructor Jason Dion equips you with research methods and collaboration techniques that can help you implement secure designs in your business, as well as prepare for domain 5 of the CASP+ exam: Research, Development, and Collaboration. Learn methods for researching industry trends that could impact your network, review key security activities across both the systems and software development lifecycles, and discover how to collaborate with stakeholders in a range of different roles, from database administrators to HR teams.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Best practices for conducting research
- Current threats and threat models
- Emerging social media platforms and their threats
- Integrating research into business functions
- Security activities across the systems and software development lifecycles
- Adapting solutions to meet business needs
- Collaborating with programmers, sales staff, facilities managers, and others
- Providing guidance to senior management
Skill Level Advanced
1. Research Methods
2 Security Activities across the Life Cycle
3. Collaboration with Other Business Units
What to do next2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.