Emergency plans are an important component of an organization’s commitment to employee safety. The organization should conduct a risk assessment to identify the major risks to employee safety and then develop emergency response plans that dictate how the organization will respond if each event occurs.
- [Instructor] Emergency management plans…are an important component of an organization's commitment…to employee safety.…Every organization should conduct a risk assessment…to identify the major risks to employee safety,…and then develop emergency response plans that dictate…how the organization will respond if each event occurs.…Some emergency management plans are commonplace.…For example, almost every organization has a fire plan…that explains how employees and managers should respond…in the event of a fire in the building.…
This fire plan should include notifying the fire department,…evacuating the building,…reassembling in a designated location,…and accounting for everyone in the building.…The organization's fire plan likely also includes…regular fire drills that ensure employees…remain familiar with the procedures.…Organizations should also develop plans…for protecting employees…in the event of a weather emergency.…The exact nature of these emergencies…will vary from region to region,…but may include protecting against tornadoes,…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Investigations and Forensics
2. Logging and Monitoring
Data loss prevention6m 34s
3. Resource Security
4. Security Principles
5. Incident Management
6. Personnel Safety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.