Embedded devices are everywhere. They help provide us with healthcare, monitor the security of our homes, assist us in driving our vehicles, and participate in many of the other tasks of daily living. In these roles, embedded devices collect large amounts of information that may be valuable in a forensic investigation. In this video, learn about embedded devices and the possibilities of embedded device forensics.
- [Narrator] Embedded devices are everywhere.…They help provide us with healthcare,…monitor the security of our homes.…Assist us in driving our vehicles and participate…in many of the other tasks of daily living.…In these roles, embedded devices collect…large amounts of information…that may be valuable in forensic investigations.…Embedded devices are special-purpose computer systems…found inside of many of the objects…that we use in daily life,…as well as in industrial settings.…
They contain both hardware and software…that help that device function.…In many cases, they connect to a cloud service…that provides data storage and added functionality.…Cars are a great example of embedded devices in action.…Modern cars contain dozens…or even hundreds of embedded systems.…Each designed to perform a unique purpose.…Some of these embedded systems are simple.…Perhaps, regulating the vehicle's climate control system.…Others are more sophisticated,…powering the car's GPS navigation.…
These embedded systems contain a wealth of information…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Investigations and Forensics
2. Logging and Monitoring
Data loss prevention6m 34s
3. Resource Security
4. Security Principles
5. Incident Management
6. Personnel Safety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.