Cybersecurity professionals often find themselves called upon to participate in electronic discovery efforts that result from legal actions involving their firms. When organizations are involved in legal disputes, they have an obligation to preserve evidence related to that dispute and produce it in response to a legitimate legal order. In this video, learn about the role that cybersecurity professionals play in the ediscovery process.
- [Narrator] Cybersecurity professionals…often find themselves called upon…to participate in electronic discovery efforts…that result from legal actions involving their firms.…When organizations are involved in legal disputes,…they have an obligation to preserve evidence…related to that dispute…and produce it in response to a legitimate legal order.…We'll talk about three major steps…in the electronic discovery process:…preservation, collection, and production.…When an organization receives notice…of potential litigation, the first step…they should take is the issuance…of a litigation hold to individuals and departments…that may have electronic or paper records…relevant to the dispute.…
This usually takes the form of a memo…sent to those individuals and departments…informing them of the potential litigation…and instructing them that they are required…to preserve any records related to the dispute.…It's important to remember…that preservation includes more…than just not intentionally destroying information.…Once the organization has a reason to believe…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Investigations and Forensics
2. Logging and Monitoring
Data loss prevention6m 34s
3. Resource Security
4. Security Principles
5. Incident Management
6. Personnel Safety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.