Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Eavesdropping attacks, part of CySA+ Cert Prep: 5 Identity and Access Management.
- [Instructor] In some cases, an attacker…can gain physical or logical access to the network…and eavesdrop on communications between two systems.…These attacks can be especially dangerous…because they allow the attacker…to potentially decrypt encrypted communications…and view confidential information…without the senders knowledge or consent.…All eavesdropping attacks require…some compromise of the communications path…between a client and a server.…This might include tapping into a network device or cable,…or conducting a DNS or ARP poisoning attack,…to trick a system into sending traffic…directly to an attacker instead of the intended recipient.…
Let's look at two attacks based upon eavesdropping:…man-in-the-middle attacks and replay attacks.…Here's how most people imagine…web communication takes place.…The user running a web browser…initiates a connection to a server…located somewhere off in a data center.…The reality is that those communications travel…over many network connections along the way.…Any one of the devices in the middle…
We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Provisioning and deprovisioning
- Identity security issues
- Using biometric measures as identification mechanisms
- Multifactor authentication
- Password authentication protocols
- How LDAP and Kerberos work together
- Identity as a Service (IDaaS)
- Mandatory and discretionary access controls
- Defending against password attacks
- Social engineering attacks
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Appropriate for all
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Identity and Access Management
5. Access Control Exploits
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.