Join David Bombal for an in-depth discussion in this video Download Mininet and import VM, part of Practical Software-Defined Networking: 3 Learning Mininet.
- [Instructor] The first thing you need…to do is to download Mininet.…So go to Mininet.org, click download.…The easiest way to do this is to download the VM image…and what I've done is download Mininet…on Unbuntu 14.04 64 bit…and I've imported that VM into a virtual box.…Now Mininet only requires one gig of RAM.…I've increased this to a lot more because I want…to show you some large topologies in this video.…
ODL also does not require this amount of RAM.…Give ODL as much RAM and CPU as you can,…but you could get away as an example with two gig…of RAM and one CPU, even though it would run slowly,…but you'd be able to test ODL on an older machine.…So Mininet to VM is running here.…I can log in with the default username…of mininet and password of mininet.…The IP address on this Mininet is 192.168.56.11.…Here's ODL.…In the previous video I showed you how to install ODL.…
IP address is 192.168.56.50.…I've SSHed to the ODL controller and I've started ODL.…I'll also SSH to Mininet, log in as mininet, mininet.…Look at the IP address, notice 192.168.56.11.…
Note: This course uses GNS3 for all demonstrations.
- Why Mininet?
- Working with Mininet commands
- sudo mn
- Starting a web server on a Mininet host
- Configuring Mininet MAC addresses
- Mininet linear, tree, and torus topologies
- Bridging Mininet to the outside world
- Mininet OpenFlow version
Skill Level Beginner
Networking Foundations: IP Addressingwith Timothy Pintello2h 35m Intermediate
Networking Foundations: Network Media (LANs)with Greg Sowell1h 9m Intermediate
1. Mininet Overview
2. Mininet Integration with ODL
3. Mininet Commands
4. Mininet Topologies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.