Join Barton Poulson for an in-depth discussion in this video Discrimination in implementation, part of AI Accountability Essential Training.
- [Instructor] One of the things about AI…is while it can accomplish marvelous things for you,…it can also land you in all new kinds…of hot water and lead to lawsuits.…There have been situations for example which have shown…that the artificial intelligence…that puts ads on social media…were showing more attractive jobs…to younger people than it was to older people.…In another situation, it was found…that higher-paying jobs were being shown…to men than to women, and also…in another research racial bias…was found in the sentencing algorithms…that predict the risk of recidivism.…
All of these are major problems…that violate protected categories…and so the question is where is the bias coming from?…Well there's some important regulations about…what can go into an artificial intelligence algorithm.…Laws prohibit the use of protected personal…data in decision-making.…That includes things like age,…gender, race, and ethnicity,…religion, sexuality, socioeconomic data and so on,…but even with that in mind,…bias can affect the data sources,…
- Bias in AI
- Navigating the social challenges of AI
- Moral reasoning and relational ethics
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and AI
- Discrimination in data
- Liability and AI
- AI in life-and-death situations
- Confronting the challenges of AI as a developer, executive, and consumer
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Context for AI
2. Technical Challenges of AI
3. Social Challenges of AI
4. Legal Challenges of AI
5. Safety Challenges of AI
AI in the military4m 36s
6. Confronting the Challenges of AI
Next steps2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.