Understand how to manage metrics from a 360 degree view, and the role that customers, staff, upper management, scorecards, and reporting play.
- [Instructor] Before we can talk about…creating a formal, quality program,…let's talk about creating a quality mindset and culture.…When you think of a quality mindset, what comes to mind?…What would be some examples of a culture…that incorporates quality?…In my experience, the organizations that have incorporated…a quality mindset, have a focus on documenting procedures…on a consistent basis.…It's not just management that's involved,…it's everyone across all levels and lines of business…that have inputs into the quality process.…
So documenting and updating procedures…on a consistent basis,…creating a program that's inclusive of all levels,…and is encouraging of open and honest communication,…is required.…An example of this,…is when information is missing from a ticket or work order,…there's no blame game, or passing the buck to others.…I see this a lot between desktop and service desk,…or between desktop and other internal IT teams.…Again, management has to foster…a quality mindset and culture.…
Do you have the quality mindset needed…
- What is a service desk?
- Understanding the different service desk models
- Staffing the service desk
- Training staff
- Mentoring and coaching
- Defining processes
- Reviewing technology, including telephony and management systems
- Measuring quality
- Building relationships
Skill Level Intermediate
Atlassian JIRA: Installing and Administeringwith Sandra Toner2h 58m Intermediate
1. What Is a Service Desk?
2. Service Desk: The People
3. Service Desk: The Processes
4. Service Desk: The Technology
5. Service Desk Quality
6. Building Relationships
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.