In this video, Marc Menninger describes how to develop the technical security assessment plan. Discover the key elements a technical security assessment plan must include.
- Capturing the Technical Security Assessment Plan…in a written document is an important component…to the testing process.…Prior to conducting an assessment,…the planned activities and any related information…should be documented to provide structure…and accountability for the entire project.…The plan can also be used as the basis to communicate…the objectives and actions of the assessment…to anyone in the organization…who will be impacted by the testing…such as users, and system owners.…
Technical Security Assessment Plans…typically include information about…the type and objective of the assessment,…which systems and networks are in scope,…the time frame for the assessment,…which security controls will be tested,…which testing techniques will be used,…how sensitive data will be handled,…how risks to the organization systems…will be factored into the assessment,…and criteria for determining…when the test is complete.…I have included a template…for a security assessment as a hand out…in the exercise files.…
Logistical details such as who…
- Developing technical security assessments
- Conducting technical security reviews
- Identifying and analyzing targets
- Validating target vulnerabilities
- Planning a technical assessment
- Conducting a technical assessment
- Implementing remediation and mitigation
Skill Level Intermediate
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Technical Security Assessments
2. Technical Security Assessment Reviews
3. Identify and Analyze Targets
4. Validate Target Vulnerabilities
5. Planning Technical Security Assessments
6. Executing the Technical Security Assessment
7. Post-Testing Activities
Report the results2m 16s
Next steps1m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.