- [Instructor] Now that we know how many…people resources are required,…we need to manage the process for developing the skillset…required in order to be successful.…Sometimes finding the right people,…feels like searching for a needle in a haystack,…it's just hard.…Well it doesn't have to be.…I spent hundreds of hours sourcing, interviewing,…and hiring people.…And what I've learned is that setting expectations,…creating a plan, and following a process,…is really the key to successfully attracting…and retaining the right people.…
I use the analogy that finding the right people,…is like finding the right partner in life,…you have to know what you're looking for.…What is going to attract you to this person?…What are your deal breakers?…How are you going to manage and maintain the relationship?…These questions are all part of setting the expectations,…creating the plan, and carrying out the process.…First we need to understand…the role that an individual will be performing.…This needs to be laid out into roles, responsibilities,…
- What is a service desk?
- Understanding the different service desk models
- Staffing the service desk
- Training staff
- Mentoring and coaching
- Defining processes
- Reviewing technology, including telephony and management systems
- Measuring quality
- Building relationships
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is a Service Desk?
2. Service Desk: The People
3. Service Desk: The Processes
4. Service Desk: The Technology
5. Service Desk Quality
6. Building Relationships
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.