Join Ryan Spence for an in-depth discussion in this video Defining a managed mobile device, part of Learning Mobile Device Security.
- [Narrator] A managed mobile device is any device…that has a management configuration applied to it.…What is a management configuration?…It is an XML file that defines options…open to the user for things like homepage image,…email account settings, applications installed,…or camera use.…The limits of what a configuration profile can do…is set by the manufacturer.…Most of the time management profiles…are put together by management software…that apply to the profiles over the air or wirelessly.…
This kind of management work is done…by mobile device management providers.…The most popular mobile device management providers…or MDM are Intune by Microsoft,…AirWatch by Vmware, MaaS360 by IBM,…MobileIron, Soti and others.…These tools are intended for organizations…to manage and enable fleets of mobile devices.…New tools like Apple Screen Time…are bringing MDM style management ability…back to the individual families attempting…to manage and secure a family's use of mobile devices.…
However, if you are a business utilizing smart devices…
- Recognize two risks that accompany mobile devices.
- Recall the steps you should take to prepare a mobile phone for resale.
- Name three causes of an unrecognizable fingerprint scan.
- Identify two options available when setting up device administrators.
- Explore storage settings to maximize space on your mobile device.
- Explain how the location services tool finds a missing device.
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
Learning iPhone and iPad Securitywith Nick Brazzi1h 44m Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Security through Mobile Management
5. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.