Learn how to define the costs of storage, including what you will likely pay in the marketplace.
- [Instructor] So let's talk about costs.…As of the time of this recording,…these were basically what it costs to run cloud storage.…As you can see, they're pretty much aligned in price…by a few pennies difference, I think, per terabyte.…They charge different for download,…and typically uploads are free.…The price of storage will vary depending on the deal…that you have with the particular cloud provider.…It'll also vary with the pattern of use, use of network,…all these sorts of things.…It's very confusing.…
It's a good idea…for you to sit down with your cloud provider…and understand in detail…exactly what you're gonna get charged for…based on the way you foresee you're going…to use your storage system.…So I find, often with clients,…they're taken back by the amount of bill that they get…the very first month they leverage their cloud-based system,…and it's a matter of them not understanding…what they're paying for.…Storage pricing varies by region.…This is Amazon cloud storage.…So you get the idea.…
So the idea is that the more storage that you leverage,…
- Block storage, object storage, and file storage
- Planning cloud storage
- Allocating storage instances on AWS
- Securing storage instances
- Usage-based accounting
- Defining costs, projected growth, and implementation plans
- Cloud storage use cases
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
Google Cloud Storage and Data Essential Trainingwith Joseph Lowery2h 54m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
1. Cloud Storage Basics
2. AWS Cloud Storage
3. Cloud Storage Planning
4. Cloud Storage Use Cases
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.