Databases use several types of authentication and authorization techniques to protect the sensitive data they contain. In this video, explore the use of database access controls.
- Databases use several authentication and authorization…techniques to protect the sensitive data that they contain.…Database authentication uses many of the same concepts…that we've already talked about.…You can create database users who may then authenticate…to the database using passwords…or other authentication techniques.…The specific technologies available to you will depend…upon the database platform you choose.…For example, Microsoft sequel server supports…three different types of user authentication.…
In sequel server authentication, the database uses…local user accounts that are created…inside of the database server.…In Windows authentication mode, the database uses…the Windows accounts available through the underlying…operating system which may be using centralized…authentication through active directory.…And in mixed authentication mode, you can use both local…accounts and Windows accounts.…Other database platforms use similar authentication…techniques that combine local accounts with those…in a central authentication system.…
You can sign up for Mike's free study group at certmike.com, and find his study guides at the Sybex test prep site. To review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge, visit https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Identity and access management overview
- Identification mechanisms: user names, access cards, biometrics, and registration
- Authentication factors
- Password authentication protocols
- Identity as a service (IDaaS)
- Enforcing accountability
- Managing credentials with policies
- Using access control lists
- Defending against access control attacks
Skill Level Advanced
1. Identity and Access Management
5. Credential Management
7. Access Control Attacks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.