Learn about the vulnerabilities associated with single-server hosting multiple data types and a single platform hosting multiple data types and owners on multiple VMs.
- [Narrator] Once we begin to rely on virtualization…and cloud computing for our deployments,…it becomes very important to recognize,…that our data might be hosted on the same physical server…as an another organizations data.…By doing so…we are introducing some vulnerabilities…into the security of our systems.…First, if the physical server crashed ,…due to something one of the other organizations do.…Its going to effect all of the organizations…hosted on the same server.…Similarly, if one organization…is not maintaining the security…of their virtual environments being hosted on that server.…
There is a possibility,…an attacker could utilize that…to the determent of all of the organizations…being hosted on that same server.…Just as there are concerns…when you can duct inter connection of your networks…with somebody else's,…there are concerns…with hosting multiple organizations data…on the same physical server.…It is important to properly configure,…manage, and audit user access…to virtual machines being hosted.…Also, you shouldn't show your virtual machines…
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Adapting data flow security to changing business needs
- Provisioning and deprovisioning resources
- Security and privacy considerations of storage integration
- Integrating the cloud and virtualization into the secure enterprise architecture
- Identity proofing and identity propagation
- Integrating cryptographic techniques into the secure enterprise architecture
- Cryptocurrency and blockchain
- Mobile device encryption considerations
- Integrating secure communications and collaboration solutions
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
CASP+ Cert Prep: 1 Risk Managementwith Jason Dion2h 34m Advanced
1. Integrating Hosts, Storage, Networks, and Applications into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
2. Integrating the Cloud and Virtualization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
3. Integrating Authentication and Authorization into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
4. Integrating Cryptographic Techniques into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
5. Integrating Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions into the Secure Enterprise Architecture
What next?3m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.