Data loss prevention, or DLP, solutions provide technology that helps an organization enforce information handling policies and procedures to prevent data loss and theft. They search systems for stores of sensitive information that might be unsecured and monitor network traffic for potential attempts to remove sensitive information from the organization. In this video, learn how DLP technology may be used to enforce policy and procedures that prevent data loss and theft.
- [Instructor] Organizations handle many different types… - [Instructor] Organizations handle many different types …of sensitive information on a regular basis.… of sensitive information on a regular basis. …This includes trade secrets, proprietary business plans,… This includes trade secrets, proprietary business plans, …health records, and the personal identifying information,… health records, and the personal identifying … information of employees and customers. …or PII of employees and customers.… Unwanted disclosures of this information …Unwanted disclosures of sensitive information… could lead to very serious security incidents …could lead to very serious security incidents… that expose an organization to fines, …that expose and organization to fines, sanctions… sanctions, and reputational damage. …and reputational damage.…Data loss prevention or DLP solutions… Data loss prevention, or DLP solutions, … provide technology that helps an organization …provide technology that helps an organization…
Looking for study partners?Join the CISSP Exam study group
Prepare for the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) exam and gain crucial knowledge about best practices in security operations. Mike Chapple walks through each topic in the seventh domain of the CISSP exam. He explains how to conduct and support investigations, find evidence using forensics, and report and document security incidents. In addition, Mike goes into logging and monitoring activities, resource security, and security principles, as well as the importance of incident response and emergency management programs. This course—along with the others in this nine-part series—prepare you for the CISSP exam and provide you with a solid foundation for a career in information security.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Investigations and Forensics
2. Logging and Monitoring
Data loss prevention6m 34s
3. Resource Security
4. Security Principles
5. Incident Management
6. Personnel Safety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.