Data loss prevention, or DLP, solutions provide technology that helps an organization enforce information handling policies and procedures to prevent data loss and theft. They search systems for stores of sensitive information that might be unsecured and monitor network traffic for potential attempts to remove sensitive information from the organization. In this video, learn how DLP technology may be used to enforce policy and procedures that prevent data loss and theft.
- [Instructor] Organizations handle many different types…of sensitive information on a regular basis.…This includes trade secrets, proprietary business plans,…health records, and the personal identifying information,…or PII of employees and customers.…Unwanted disclosures of sensitive information…could lead to very serious security incidents…that expose and organization to fines, sanctions…and reputational damage.…Data loss prevention or DLP solutions…provide technology that helps an organization…enforce its information handling policies…and procedures in order to prevent data loss and theft.…
DLP solutions search systems for stores…of sensitive information that might be unsecured…and they also monitor network traffic…for potential attempts to remove sensitive information…from the organization.…DLP solutions can act quickly to block transmissions…before damage is done and alert administrators…to attempted security breaches.…DLP systems work in two different environments,…host-based DLP uses software agents installed…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
Learning Computer Forensics (2014)with Jungwoo Ryoo1h 57m Intermediate
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Investigations and Forensics
2. Logging and Monitoring
Data loss prevention6m 34s
3. Resource Security
4. Security Principles
5. Incident Management
6. Personnel Safety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.