In the unfortunate event of a known or suspected data breach, information security professionals have a range of responsibilities dictated by laws and regulations. In this video, learn about industry specific data breach notification laws, state breach notification laws, and the categories of personally identifiable information (PII).
- [Narrator] In the unfortunate event…of a known or suspected data breach…information security professionals…have a range of responsibilities dictated…by laws and regulations.…Like many other security regulations in the United States,…data breach laws are a patchwork of regulations…that apply in different ways.…Some rules apply to specific industries…such as HIPPA for the healthcare industry…or PCI DSS for the credit card industry.…Other data breach regulations…apply to specific jurisdictions.…
Such as the state by state data breach notification laws.…Generally speaking these laws apply…when an organization knows or suspects…that it has suffered a breach…of personally identifiable information or PII.…The specific definition of PII…varies from state to state.…But there are several common elements found in these laws.…They often include social security numbers,…drivers license numbers and bank account numbers…but they may extend to other information as well.…
Some of common requirements…when an organization suspects a breach…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A completed Learning Path of the series will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
IT Security Careers and Certifications: First Stepswith Marc Menninger2h 6m Appropriate for all
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.