In the unfortunate event of a known or suspected data breach, information security professionals have a range of responsibilities dictated by laws and regulations. In this video, learn about industry-specific data breach notification laws, state breach notification laws, and the categories of personally identifiable information, or PII.
- [Narrator] In the unfortunate event…of a known or suspected data breach,…information security professionals have a range…of responsibilities dictated by laws and regulations.…Like many other security regulations in the United States,…data breach laws are a patchwork of regulations…that apply in different ways.…Some rules apply to specific industries.…Such as HIPAA for the health care industry,…or PCI DSS for the credit card industry.…Other data breach regulations apply…to specific jurisdictions,…such as the state by state data breach notification laws.…
Generally speaking, these laws apply when an organization…knows or suspects that it has suffered a breach…of personally identifiable information or PII.…The specific definition of PII varies from state to state,…but there are several common elements found in these laws.…They often include social security numbers,…driver's license numbers,…and bank account numbers,…but they may extend to other information as well.…Some of the common requirements when an organization…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.