Note: This course was recorded and produced by Mentor Source, Inc. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- Prioritize the various kinds of external cyber threats and their sources.
- Recognize the most severe implications of a cybersecurity breach.
- Review what makes Stuxnet dangerous.
- Identify the focus of groups like Morpho or Wild Neutron.
- Explore the steps of a typical cyber attack.
Skill Level Beginner
- [Instructor] Welcome. Today's course we're going to be talking about today's cyber security reality. It's an introduction to the current state of cybersecurity in the world today. This course is part of our cybersecurity awareness training series. My name is Steve Maciejewski or Steve Mack, I've been in the information technologies and cybersecurity world for over 30 years from my early days in the US Army doing communications and many leadership roles over the years such as a Director of IT, Chief Information Security Officer, Chief Technology Officer, and Chief Information Security Officer and currently a principle with Think Security here in the Denver, Colorado area and the acting Chief Information Security Officer for several corporations throughout the Denver Metropolitan area.
This lesson is for anyone wanting to understand the current risks associated with cybersecurity that are taking place across corporations and countries today. This is not a technical class, although we will cover the rapid development of malware and cyber attacks from a technical perspective. The main focus is about risks and threats and root cause analysis and the effect that is related to cybersecurity today.