We are now a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Creating a vulnerability management program
- Identifying scan targets
- Configuring and executing vulnerability scans
- Reporting scan results
- Creating a remediation workflow
- Analyzing scan reports
- Server, endpoint, and network vulnerabilities
- Preventing SQL injection
- Working with Nessus, Qualys, Rapid7 Nexpose, and OpenVAS
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Narrator] Hi. I'm Mike Chapple, and I'd like to welcome you to our cybersecurity analyst plus course on vulnerability management. The CompTIA cybersecurity analyst plus, or CySa plus certification, is designed for IT security analysts, vulnerability analysts, and threat intelligence analysts who have some work experience. It's designed to serve as a middle ground between the security plus certification and CompTIA's advanced security practitioner certification.
Earning CySa plus requires passing an exam covering four different domains of cybersecurity analytics work. This course covers the second of those four domains: vulnerability management. This domain accounts for 26% of the questions on the exam, and this course is part of a series of courses that will prepare you for the entire test. Through my books and courses here on this site, I've literally helped thousands of students just like you earn their security certifications.
I was one of the very first people to earn the CySa plus certification, when it was released in 2017, and I literally wrote the book on the CySa plus certification. I encourage you to pick up a copy of my CySa Plus study guide, to help you prepare for the exam, in conjunction with this course. One important note on the acronym: when CompTIA first released the cybersecurity analyst plus certification in 2017, they used the acronym CSA plus for the program. They changed that acronym in 2018 to CySa plus, and you may find study materials referring to either acronym.
That's okay, the objectives and knowledge associated with the CySa plus certification haven't changed. It's only a change in the acronym. As we work our way through this course, we'll focus on each topic covered by CySa plus domain two. You'll learn how to implement a vulnerability management process, how to analyze the results of a network vulnerability scan, and how to compare and contrast common vulnerabilities found in an organization's servers, endpoints, network devices, virtual infrastructure, and other locations.
The information you learn in this course will help you pass the CySa plus exam, and also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security. In addition to the information I cover in this course, I encourage you to visit my website at CertMike.com, and join my free CySa plus study group. I'll send you exam tips, practice test questions, and reminders to help keep you on track with your test preparation. Let's get rolling.