Learn about the current threats and threat models utilized in the industry in this video.
- [Instructor] Vulnerabilities are a weakness…in a system that could be exploited…because there's no appropriate countermeasure in place.…A threat occurs when a vulnerability…is identified or exploited.…For example, if you forgot to patch your Windows computer…for a particular software bug,…such as the one outlined in the MS17-010 vulnerability,…then a malicious actor could exploit your computer…using that vulnerability…and that's exactly what happened with…the WannaCry ransomware.…It searched the internet looking for Windows computers…that were missing that patch…and exploited them for the threat actor's…own financial gain.…
Currently, the biggest threats to most organizations…stem from the use of mobile devices,…the use of wireless networks,…and being vulnerable to social engineering.…Because of this,…both security professionals and the end users…have to be trained in the proper use…of their mobile devices,…how to remain secure when using a wireless network,…and how to avoid being the victim…of a social engineering attack.…
Looking for study partners?Join the CASP+ Exam study group
To effectively fight off malware and cyberattacks on an enterprise network, IT security professionals must understand how to collaborate with colleagues across their organization and research new and emerging threats. In this installment of the CASP+ Cert Prep series, instructor Jason Dion equips you with research methods and collaboration techniques that can help you implement secure designs in your business, as well as prepare for domain 5 of the CASP+ exam: Research, Development, and Collaboration. Learn methods for researching industry trends that could impact your network, review key security activities across both the systems and software development lifecycles, and discover how to collaborate with stakeholders in a range of different roles, from database administrators to HR teams.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Best practices for conducting research
- Current threats and threat models
- Emerging social media platforms and their threats
- Integrating research into business functions
- Security activities across the systems and software development lifecycles
- Adapting solutions to meet business needs
- Collaborating with programmers, sales staff, facilities managers, and others
- Providing guidance to senior management
Skill Level Advanced
1. Research Methods
2 Security Activities across the Life Cycle
3. Collaboration with Other Business Units
What to do next2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.