Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a remediation workflow, part of SSCP Cert Prep: 3 Risk Identification, Monitoring, and Analysis.
- [Instructor] There's another challenge you face…when you're dealing with the overwhelming aftermath…of a vulnerability scan.…Many different people may need to be involved…in the remediation of these issues.…We might need cybersecurity analysts…to validate the results,…system engineers to apply operating system patches,…network engineers to adjust firewall rules,…developers to modify applications,…and a vulnerability specialist to run a new scan…to verify that everything's worked properly.…There are a lot of tasks to be done by a lot of people,…and it would be very easy for us to lose track of them.…
Vulnerability remediation workflows…help us tackle these issues in an organized way.…We can define the steps that we'll follow…each time we encounter a new vulnerability…that requires remediation.…For example, here's a common process.…First we run a scan that detects…a new vulnerability in the environment.…Let's say we detect a missing patch on a file server.…Next we assign that vulnerability…to a cybersecurity analyst for further review.…
- Risk management actions
- Ongoing risk management
- Risk management frameworks
- Scanning for threats and vulnerabilities
- Advanced vulnerability scanning
- Monitoring log files
- Code review and code tests
- Test coverage analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/18/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover identifying threats, understanding attacks, technology and process remediation, remediating vulnerabilities, and security monitoring. In addition, the following topics were updated: risk management and monitoring log files.
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Risk Management
2. Threat Modeling
3. Threat Assessment
4. Remediating Vulnerabilites
5. Security Monitoring
6. Software Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.