Many organizations adopt security control frameworks that help organize controls into logical groupings and ensure coverage of all security objectives. Commonly used frameworks include the Control Objectives for Information Technology (COBIT), ISO 27001, and the security guidelines published by the National Institute for Standards and Technology.
- [Instructor] Security professionals have a wide variety…of responsibilities, and typically oversee the design,…implantation, and management of many different controls…that protect confidentiality, integrity, and availability.…It's important to make sure that these controls provide…adequate levels of protection,…and cover many different risks.…It's quite a challenge to build…a comprehensive security program.…Fortunately, security professionals in an organization…don't have to start with a blank piece of paper…when they design security programs.…
They can use security control frameworks to help ensure…that they're covering all the bases, and building controls…that protect the organization…against many foreseeable risks.…There are many different control frameworks…covering information security.…Let's take a look at a few of the most common ones.…The control objectives for information technology, or COBIT,…is a security control framework developed by…the Information Systems Audit and Control Association.…This framework is very often used by auditors,…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A complete learning path will be available once all the courses are released.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Planning for business continuity
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness
- Conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.