Many organizations adopt security control frameworks that help organize controls into logical groupings and ensure coverage of all security objectives. Commonly used frameworks include the Control Objectives for Information Technology, or COBIT, ISO 27001, and the security guidelines published by the National Institute for Standards and Technology.
- [Instructor] Security professionals have…a wide variety of responsibilities.…They typically oversee the design, implementation,…and management of many different controls…that protect confidentiality, integrity, and availability.…It's important to make sure that these controls…provide adequate levels of protection…and cover many different risks.…It's quite a challenge to build…a comprehensive security program.…Fortunately, security professionals…in an organization don't have to start with a blank piece…of paper when they design security programs.…
They can use security control frameworks…to help ensure that they're covering…all of the bases and building controls…that protect the organization against…many foreseeable risks.…There are many different control frameworks…covering information security.…Let's take a look at a few of the most common ones.…The Control Objectives for Information Technology…or COBIT is a security control framework…developed by the Information Systems Audit…and Control Association.…This framework is very often used by auditors…
Want more CySA+ test prep tips? Visit certmike.com to join Mike's free study group.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Security governance
- Security roles and responsibilities
- Security policies
- Complying with laws and regulations
- Auditing and assessing security
- Personnel security
- Security training
- Vendor management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Implementing an Information Security Programwith Kip Boyle2h 31m Intermediate
1. Security Governance
2. Security Policy
3. Regulatory Compliance
4. Assessing Security Processes
5. Personnel Security
6. Awareness and Training
7. Vendor Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.