Continuous security monitoring approaches take security monitoring to the next level. Instead of simply focusing on the periodic review of logs for unusual activity, they conduct this analysis in real time and can even take action in response to suspicious events. In this video, learn about continuous security monitoring activities.
- [Instructor] Continuous security monitoring approaches…take security monitoring to the next level.…Instead of simply focusing on the periodic review of logs…for unusual activity, they conduct this analysis…in real time, and can even take action…in response to suspicious events.…Here's a more formal definition…of continuous monitoring from NIST.…Information security continuous monitoring…is maintaining ongoing awareness of information security,…vulnerabilities, and threats to support…organizational risk management decisions.…
As with many other information security activities,…NIST provides a framework for developing…a continuous approach to security monitoring.…They begin with three core characteristics…of a continuous monitoring program.…They should map to an organizations risk tolerance.…You need to make sure that the continuous monitoring…activities you undertake are appropriate…for your environment.…Security is an ever changing field,…and businesses evolve as needs change.…Continuous security monitoring programs…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Conducting investigations
- Reporting and documenting incidents
- Continuous security monitoring
- Preventing data loss and theft
- Asset management
- Change management
- Virtualization security
- Security principles: need to know, separation of duties, and more
- Building an incident response program
- Personnel safety and emergency management
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Investigations and Forensics
2. Logging and Monitoring
Data loss prevention6m 34s
3. Resource Security
4. Security Principles
5. Incident Management
6. Personnel Safety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.