Continuous security monitoring approaches take security monitoring to the next level. Instead of simply focusing on the periodic review of logs for unusual activity, they conduct this analysis in real time, and can even take action in response to suspicious events. In this video, learn about continuous security monitoring activities.
- [Instructor] Continuous security monitoring approaches…take security monitoring to the next level.…Instead of simply focusing on the periodic review of logs…for unusual activity,…they conduct this analysis in real time…and can even take action in response to suspicious events.…Here's a more formal definition of continuous monitoring…from NIST.…Information security continuous monitoring…is maintaining ongoing awareness of information security,…vulnerabilities, and threats to support…organizational risk management decisions.…
As with many other information security activities,…NIST provides a framework for developing…a continuous approach to security monitoring.…They begin with three core characteristics…of a continuous monitoring program.…They should map to an organization's risk tolerance.…You need to make sure…that the continuous monitoring activities you undertake…are appropriate for your environment.…Security is an ever changing field…and businesses evolve as needs change.…Continuous security monitoring programs…
- Risk management actions
- Ongoing risk management
- Risk management frameworks
- Scanning for threats and vulnerabilities
- Advanced vulnerability scanning
- Monitoring log files
- Code review and code tests
- Test coverage analysis
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/18/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover identifying threats, understanding attacks, technology and process remediation, remediating vulnerabilities, and security monitoring. In addition, the following topics were updated: risk management and monitoring log files.
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. Risk Management
2. Threat Modeling
3. Threat Assessment
4. Remediating Vulnerabilites
5. Security Monitoring
6. Software Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.